Hotmail is one of the first public webmail services that could be accessed from any web browser. Prior to Hotmail and its competitor, Four11 RocketMail, email could only be accessed from a device with a specific software downloaded to it or required an Internet Service Provider (ISP) service agreement. Although many users today have @hotmail.com email addresses, the hotmail.com address now redirects to Microsoft’s outlook.live.com site. This has left many users wondering: What happened to Hotmail?
What is Hotmail ?
Formerly called Hotmail is one of the most popular free online email services, provided by Microsoft. Hotmail is a Webmail service and users access it from any web browser anywhere in the world with an internet connection, provided the username and password to access the Hotmail account is known.
In article, we will talk about the Hotmail email service and how to Hotmail login process. We will discuss the various aspects involved, such as its history, its features, and how it had the spectacular growth it had at that time. India is a great nation endowed with high-quality manpower. It’s not just in the modern age but centuries ago as well. Classic examples are Arya bhatta, who invented the concept of zero. And, in the modern age, such examples could be Sabeer Bhatia, who along with Jack Smith found hotmail in 1993. hotmail had the significant features like a free account which could store up to 250 MB data virus scanning, and filters to clean up spam.
Later in 1997, Microsoft Corporation acquired hotmail at a cost of $400 million and renamed it as MSN Hotmail, which later integrated to Windows Live Hotmail.
Microsoft came out with the final version of Hotmail Mail in October 2011 and it is offered in 36 languages. It later replaces it Outlook.com.
Hotmail is a great email service. We’d discuss here briefly the features of hotmail.com Once you log in to Hotmail, you can do various things. Here are a few of its important features.
- Interactive: This feature allows you to interact with emails directly. Note that Hotmail is an online email service offered by Microsoft.
- Calendar: It enables you to add and view colander event steered in your account. You can edit the calendar evens without the need to reload the page.
- Update contacts: Contacts connected to your device can be easily managed and are automatically updated and saved.
- Online integration with Office: This enables you to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents attached to the email without the need to download them.
- Storage space unlimited: Hotmail allows an unlimited amount of free storage space in the drive.
- Privacy: The Data and information you furnish during signing up and at other instances are kept confidential. Your data are not shared with third parties. hotmail uses content for the single purpose of notification services.
- You need not pay: hotmail is free. You need not pay a price for signing up or account. You may have to pay for using other connected features like Skype.
- Skype: Skype allows you to make video calls, voice calls with people anywhere in the worlds from your contact list. To log into Skype, you can use your Hotmail account and use its features.
How to Signup Hotmail ?
Creating a Hotmail account is as easy as you like and it will require a few simple steps to get you to it. Do you want to know how it can be done? Well, here are a few simple steps that will get you to this amazing mailing service.
- You will have to go to outlook.com to get the Hotmail Signup access.
- The next thing you will have to do is to click the create account button that will lead you to the signup page.
- You will have to enter an Email Id and Password that would from then onwards be used to access the Hotmail.
- It will then ask you for getting the promotional emails or not? You will choose if you wish to see Microsoft’s promotion over emails or not.
- A few important details like Email ID, Username, personal details, address details and password would be required there. These details will be used to create your account and Hotmailhas guaranteed the protection of your data.
- After you have entered the details you will be required to click and confirm your application which will be the last step to get the Hotmail account. After you click and confirm a verification will be sent to you through text or email which will ensure that your account is created and is in safe hands.
These are the steps that you will need to take to make the contemplations on getting a Hotmail account
Once you have signup Hotmail account you can use you Hotmail account whenever and wherever you want. You just need to follow these two steps.
- Go to outlook.com there you will see a tab to enter the account that you have created through signup process mentioned above.
- Once you enter the account and move forward you will have to enter the password that you have selected while signing up. This will get you the full access to the Hotmail account.
Hotmail Login through Mobile
Hotmail Sign In would be much easier if you use it through mobile. You will have to download the outlook app. Once you download the app it will require you to enter the email ID and password once and then it will remember the same for as long as you want. This is the easiest way to use the Hotmail account.